ATDI SOFTWARE STORY
GOING FURTHER WITH EXPERIENCE
OVERVIEW OF RADIOCOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY
1988 - INTRODUCING HTZ - THE FIRST COMMERCIAL RADIOPLANNING SOFTWARE
The name of HTZ originates from HerTZ. HTZ was the first commercial radio planning software featuring coverage calculations, coverage analysis, interference calculations and point-to-point calculations.
1989 - HTZ warfare
This year saw the introduction of HTZ warfare featuring Communications Electronic Warfare functions for radio planning and backbone, jamming efficiency and direction finding. HTZ warfare was adopted by the French Air-Force Electronic Warfare program in partnership with Safare Crouzet (now Thales Defence Mission Systems).
1990 - ICS MAP SERVER
ICS stands for IMAGE CARTOGRAPHY SYSTEM and this solution features a digital terrain and map builder function to support stereoscopic imagery auto-correlation, DTM generation from level curves, geocoding as well as matrix operations.
The DTM models supported long-range signal broadcasting and microwave-links planning.
An automated frequency assignment engine was added to HTZ warfare.
1991 - CREATION OF ATDI
ICS migrates to Windows. HTZ offers two versions – HTZ simulation for the telecom market and HTZ warfare for the military market. ICS is re-branded ICS map server
First Spectrum Management system is launched ICS manager, compatible with Oracle database
ICS map server produces High Resolution digital terrain maps. In France, 4m resolution data for Paris and 2 m resolution for Nice are released and include buildings heights, spot imagery and clutter classes (vegetation, hydro, streets)
HTZ releases first ducting model based on measurements performed in Aden (VHF and UHF wave propagation from Djibouti). Network features are integrated in HTZ
1992 - FIRST INTEGRATED SPECTRUM MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Supplied the first integrated Spectrum Management System featuring ICS manager, for spectrum database management, licensing and monitoring and HTZ for spectrum engineering and radio-planning, in partnership with Thomson-RGS (now Thales Communications). Presentation at ITU and publication in the ITU Spectrum Management and Monitoring Handbook
1993 - TADIRAN CHOOSES ICS MANAGER AND HTZ
ICS manager and HTZ are chosen by Tadiran for their Spectrum Management and Monitoring solution (Iris). New data structures for ICS manager support regulatory authority licensing procedures.
1994 - WINDOWS MIGRATION. HerTZ mapper IS LAUNCHED
Jacques Deygout joins ATDI (1993) and integrates his diffraction model (Deygout 94) into HTZ. This model removes limit to 3 obstacles and enables the use of any resolution DTM. This model split NLOS and Sub-path in two for diffraction attenuation computation (choosing between sub-path models to speed up calculation time according to the quality of terrain data). Correlations between measurement data and predictions are made intensively in VHF, UHF and SHF to validate Deygout 94 model.
1995 - HTZ simulation becomes ICS telecom
1997 – 2019
This period saw extensive development of new features and functions including
- Monte-Carlo features available for satellite, fixed and mobile communications
- Real-time geocoding
- Development of the concept of prospective planning based on “Subscriber” database (distribution target) – automatic planning
- Map tiling – real-time map geocoding and Quadtree
- Broadband wireless access (3.6 GHz, 26 GHz, 40 GHz),
- Gap filler automatic planning
- Online maps (WMS/WMTS)
- Mesh networks
- New compressed coverage data formats
- Frequency assignment for frequency hopping systems
- Passive reflector interference
- On the Move features for dynamic networks
- Border coordination
- Smart antennas
- Indoor/Outdoor modelling
- Advanced coverage calculation (multimaps / multi-resolutions)
- Wind turbine interference analysis
- New HF module (ITU-R P533 / ITS)
- Multiple language support
- Real-time analysis (MFN/SFN)
- WMS/WMTS online maps (Google, Bing, OSM, Nasa and national geoportals) including real-time geocoding support
- Full 3D propagation model (X,Y,Z,E)
- 64 bits versions ANSI and Unicode
- Education license- special packages for students and military academia
- Clutter and Building map builders
- White-space platform
- Border builder
- OGC support
- Lidar support
- Mesh-network prospective planning
- Dynamic beamforming – massive MIMO
- Geolocation and hybrid radio-localisation
- Multi-technology prospective planning
- Machine learning
- LOD2 support
- TSB-88 Area reliability
- Site cost optimisation
- Map Download Manager
2019 - ICS telecom EV becomes HTZ communications
ATDI deliver Mine warfare system network design for French Navy (Brest) in partnership with Thales UWS.