Meeting the current and future needs of regulators relating to spectrum management and monitoring via a flexible platform.
WHAT IS ICS manager?
- Automated frequency assignment & allotment
- Spectrum coordination: validation of new services to avoid interfering with existing systems according to ITU, regional and national plans,
- Management of licenses and administrative procedures in accordance with national, regional and international rules and processes,
- Generation of documents (report, invoices, receipts), billing, and payment follow-up,
- Spectrum optimization and frequency sharing,
- License fee calculation and collection tracking for calculating and collecting license fees,
- Efficient information exchange and data sharing with stakeholders,
- Interface with spectrum monitoring systems.
- License management and operatinal management
- Calculation of fees following the technical and administrative parameters of the frequency assignments and licenses
- Generation of documents (report, invoices, receipts), billing and payment follow-up
- International notification and international coordination
- Spectrum monitoring
- Spectrum planning and frequency assignments
- Zone allotments or band attributions
- Available as web interface, web service or web portal
- Management of data: antennas, equipment, site, frequency plans, allocation charts (foot notes, services…).
FUNCTIONS of ICS manager
- Spectrum monitoring system interface
- Complaint management
- Inspection capabilities Spectrum optimization and frequency sharing
- Spectrum re-farming and digital dividend
- Licensing, billing & tracking
- Application, licence and procedure management
- Spectrum auctions and spectrum trading
- ITU notifications
- International and regional coordination
- Frequency allocation tables
- Spectrum occupancy
- Geospatial analysis
- Co-existence of wireless technologies
- Coordination contours
- Fast frequency allocation
- Advanced reporting and data sharing
- Online access and web portals (Intranet and Internet)
- White space database
- Seamless integration with third party systems
- Workflow and process automation
- Network inventory database
- API, Web services
- Open Street maps
- Bing address over cursor
- Standalone or client server installation
- Customizable query editor
- Evolutionary spectrum management database (SMDB) structure
- Relational SMDB on Oracle/Access with direct management of rights and adapted user profiles
- Project manages featuring individual work spaces for individual users
- Multi-language environment
- Triple set of tables: “system”, “library” and “spectrum management” tables
- Dedicated dialogs and customizable queries for each structure
- Data exchange files (*.MDB) for each structure
- Fully integrated cartographic management (DTM, maps, geographical coordinate systems including conversions…)
- Integrated module for editing and creating reports
- ITU notification (electronic & paper) forms
- Import from standard SMDB: TerraSys, SRS, DACAN, TVA, TVD…
ICS manager CAN BE…
COMMAND CORE-TWO PARTS OF ICS manager
Command core within ICS manager can be conditionally divided into two parts: Tools – Instrumental services which are inherent in any system of this type and Shared resources which are part of the subject area of ICS manager.
Blocks of instrumental services are intended for the management of the application platform. This block also facilitates: performance of basic operations such as registering running services; management of user access rights to services, stored objects and system functions; logging operations in the system etc.
In addition, tools provide access to the common functions:
- Map management
- Management of reminders and notifications
- File storage
- Performance monitoring and analysis of the history of operations
These services manage the lifecycle of auxiliary entities that which are used for data processing in various radio services and technologies.
These services also support the creation, modification, validation and processing of entity data and account for their condition under the life-cycle management. These modules are complete. They form part of ICSM and are used to support other service modules. The connection of Platform with other modules is carried out through Communication Bus.
These services cover all types of reference data for assignments of different radio services, and includes processes associated with data for licenses, customers, applications, radiocommuniation systems, channel plans, allocation, allotments, EFIS,sites, antennas, equipment, frequencies and devices
The main task of Communication Bus is the message exchange between different services via a single point. If necessary, this point provides transaction control, data transformation and preserves messages.
All settings for processing and sending messages are concentrated in the single point and are collated in terms of services, so it unnecessary to reconfigure all services when some information service is changed.
KEY FEATURES OF ICS manager
- Support for synchronous and asynchronous methods of calling services
- Use of protected transport (supporting transactional model) with guaranteed delivery of messages
- Static and algorithmic message routing
- Access to data from third-party information systems using ready-made or specially developed adapters
- Processing and converting messages
- Various control and management mechanisms (audits, logging).
The data exchange is based on generally accepted principles and protocols of REST/SOAP for external and loosely linked services. The HTTP protocol used as a transport for internal communications and for other external channels, ensure stable TCP/IP connections. Also they can use direct communication between WCF services.
The main tasks of the subsystem is to provide transparency of connections to various types of database servers and provide low-level functions for solving data storage problems. To this end, drivers are provided to connect to the mechanisms to work with the data.
Working with data:
- Cloud reassures is storage of poorly structured data with a temporary worth. This can be the intermediate result of a calculation, the results of measurements of signals and the temporary or intermediate files from documents. Also this can be the structure of data designed for exchange between services and other.
- OLTP is a database designed for input, structure storage and real-time processing of information (operations, documents) to maintain the operational work of services.
- OLAP is a database designed for data processing, which consists of the preparation of aggregated information based on large data sets structured according to a multidimensional principles.
ICS manager is available in two editions:
- SQL: SQL database required (Oracle, SQL server, SQL lite…)
- noDB: No SQL database required, allow the connections to external databses like FCC ULS (Universal Licensing System), BRIFIC, SRS, HTZtable…